SPRINGFIELD — The associate degree nursing class of 2002 at Springfield Technical Community College received their school pins at ceremonies staged May 28 at Scibelli Hall. Several awards were presented at the ceremony:
• The Nursing Faculty Award was presented to Ann Marshaus of Enfield;
• The Dean’s Achievement Award was given to Evelyn DeJesus of Springfield;
• The Clinical Excellence Award was presented to Alicia LeClair of Springfield;
• The Bernice Richard Nursing Award was presented to Sharon Swinton, who will be a senior nursing student in the fall; and
• The Mercy Medical Center Award was presented to Joseph Culver of West Springfield.
Members of the Class of 2002 are: Hector Acevedo, Luana Brisson, Lisa Cabibbo, Julie Crowe, Joseph Culver, Amy Dee, Evelyn DeJesus, Carrie Ferrindino, Maribel Figueroa, Sandra Fitzgerald, Michelle Fleury, Jacqueline Gonzalez, Joanna Guindon, Paul Guzzi, Nancy Hickman, Jaime Hyatt, Lindsay Kelly, and Alecia Leclair.
Also, Lisa Libby, Laurie Lipscomb, Grace Majocha, Joanna Marquez, Anne Marshaus, Lenise Murdock, Patricia Nguyen, Cheryl O’Connell, Sonia Orozco, Mary Pollier, Lisa Rodriguez, Christina Scarfo, Tonya Simmons, Tatyana Sorokina, Stephanie Thiffault, Carrie Williamson, Alex Wright, and Joseph Yelinek.