HOLYOKE — Girl Scouts of Central and Western Massachusetts (GSCWM) announced the recipients of the second annual ToGetHerThere Awards. According to the organization, the five recipients have a shared vision of creating a culture of creativity and caring, where young women feel confident in their ability to work hard, dream big, and face with courage any obstacle that stands in the way of making their dreams come true. The winners have affected hundreds of lives and serve as role models and mentors for the next generation of women leaders while inspiring them to be part of changing their communities for better.
“The ToGetHerThere Award winners embody Western Massachusetts’ spirit of courage and tenacity,” said Pattie Hallberg, CEO of GSCWM. “These individuals remind us that we all hold the power to create hope and build up communities as we advocate for the respect of all young women and their right to practice everyday leadership. We are humbled and impressed by their efforts. We all can be a force for good.”
The 2018 ToGetHerThere Awardees were selected from five categories by a panel of business, community and civic leaders. They are:
• Entrepreneur: Laurie Flynn, president and CEO, Link to Libraries;
• Financial Literacy: Kate Kane, managing director, Northwestern Mutual;
• Health & Wellnes: Dr. Sarah Perez McAdoo, co-leader, Capstone Project, UMass Medical Center at Baystate Health;
• Man Enough to Be a Girl Scout: Edward Zemba, president, Robert Charles Photography; and
• STEM: Thomas Gralinski, STEM outreach coordinator, Clark Science Center and the Jandon Center for Community Engagement, Smith College.
Girl Scouts of Central and Western Massachusetts will honor the winners at the ToGetHerThere Awards Luncheon on Friday, Nov. 2, at MGM Springfield. Tickets are $55 each or $500 for a table of 10.
To order tickets and for more info on each awardee, visit the Girl Scout website, www.gscwm.org/en/events/special-events/TGHTA.html, or contact Melanie Bonsu at (413) 584-2602, ext. 3623, or email@example.com.
The event is sponsored by BusinessWest and HCN, Chicopee Savings Bank, Balise Auto Group, Gaudreau Group, Monson Savings Bank, and People’s United Bank.