Holyoke Medical Center honored 22 outstanding local students during its 20th annual 8th Grade Achievement Awards on April 26 at during a dinner in the facility’s Auxiliary Conference Center.
Twenty-two students, accompanied by their parents and principals were honored with certificates, savings bonds and t-shirts.
“These students represent some of the finest aspects of our community,” said Medical Center President Hank J. Porten. “We’re delighted to have the opportunity to salute them and encourage them to keep up the great work they’ve been doing.”
The following students were recognized:
- From the Lt. Clayre P. Sullivan School: Marielys Barreto, Ivelieanisse Morales-Delgado, and Gabriel Vargas;
- From the Dr. Marcella R. Kelly School: Jared LaFontaine, Michelle Quezada, and Britney Velez.
- From the Morgan School: Armanis Fuentes, Jazmine Herrera, and Melanie Reyes.
- From the Maurice A. Donahue School: David Lamont Douglas, Gregory Deshawn Davis, and Carlos Dominicci.
- From the E.N. White School: Sydney Guertin, Amelia Vega, and Madysen Lawrence.
- From the Center For Excellence: Seth Renaudette.
- From the Elmer J. McMahon School: Ricky Kooblall, Kaitlin Laflamme, and Laura Buffett Jackson.
- From the William R. Peck School: Emanuel Correa, Mariangie Fernandez, and Taylor Lasante.