SPRINGFIELD — BusinessWest magazine, HCN’s sister publication, recently unveiled its 40 Under Forty Class of 2012 — the sixth compilation of rising stars in the region — and the medical community was well-represented.
Eight men and women with ties to the region’s large health care sector were among those chosen by a team of five judges who scored a record number of nominations, and weighed everything from career accomplishments to involvement in the community while doing so.
“The 40 Under Forty program was created in 2007 to recognize young leaders in business, the nonprofit realm, education, and public service,” said BusinessWest and HCN Editor George O’Brien. “From the beginning, the health care sector has produced many of our 40 Under Forty winners, and this year was no exception.
“Like all our winners, those working in health care-related fields are recognized for much more than their at-work accomplishments,” he continued. “They also contribute time, energy, and imagination to various community endeavors.”
Those from the medical community in this year’s class are:
- Scott Conrad, 38, assistant director of Information Technology for the Center for Human Development;
- Ben Craft, 38,manager of Public Affairs for Baystate Medical Center;
- Jessica Crevier, 31, executive director of the AIDS Foundation of Western Massachusetts;
- Dr. Ronald Laprise, 38, chiropractor and owner of Laprise Chiropractic & Wellness;
- Danielle Lord, 29, vice president of Operations for O’Connell Care at Home & Staffing Services;
- Neil Nordstrom, 37, practice manager and registered nurse at Pediatric Services of Springfield;
- Dr. Nate Somers, 36, medical director at the Center for Human Development; and
- Joshua Spooner, 36, assistant dean for Student Affairs at the Western New College University College of Pharmacy.
Profiles of each winner can be read in the April 23, 2012 issue of BusinessWest, or on the magazine’s Web site, www.businesswest.com. The winners will be feted at the annual 40 Under Forty Gala, slated for June 21 at the Log Cabin Banquet and Meeting House in Holyoke. Tickets cost $60, with tables of 10 available. To order tickets or for more information, call (413) 781-8600, ext. 100.