Second Session Of Mini Medical School Underway
SPRINGFIELD — The second session of Baystate Medical Center’s Mini Medical School began on Sept. 9.
The school, which offers participants a taste of what it’s like to go through actual medical school via lectures from Baystate doctors, has a long waiting list for seats. The second semester began with an orientation, a tour of Baystate, and a lecture by Richard Brown, M.D., titled Contemporary Issues in Infectious Disease.
Future programs include:
• Anatomically Correct, on Sept. 23, a lecture by David Page, M.D.;
• Neuro Logic, Sept. 30, Brian Smith, M.D.;
• Cardiology & Alternative Medicine, Oct. 7, Reed Shnider, M.D.;
• Surgery, Anesthesia & Pain Manage-ment, Oct. 14, Richard Wait, M.D., Ph.D. and Robert Steinberg, M.D., Ph.D.;
• Update on Cancer, Oct. 21, Wilson Mertens, M.D.;
• Behavioral Health, Oct. 28, Benjamin Liptzin, M.D.; and
• Aging, Nov. 4, Maura Jo Brennan, M.D.
Comments are closed.