SPRINGFIELD — BusinessWest magazine, in conjunction with Presenting Sponsor Comcast Business, will present the sixth annual Western Mass. Business Expo on Thursday, Nov. 3 at the MassMutual Center in downtown Springfield.
Now a fall tradition for the region’s business community, the show will feature more than 100 exhibitors, more than 2,000 attendees, dozens of educational seminars, special presentations, breakfast and lunch programs, and much more. Some of the myriad highlights to this year’s show include:
• The Springfield Regional Chamber’s kickoff breakfast featuring keynoter Laura Masulis, MassDevelopment’s Transformative Development Fellow for Springfield;
• Demonstrations of virtual-reality technology that will allow Expo attendees to see for themselves;
• Robotics demonstrations and a ‘First Stronghold’ competition, presented by FIRST (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology);
• Seminars on a wide range of business topics ranging from motivating Millennials to putting virtual reality to work for your company; from taking full advantage of Big Data to using robotics programs to stimulate interest in STEM careers;
• The Professional Women’s Chamber’s November Luncheon featuring Boston Marathon bombing survivor Adrianne Haslet-Davis;
• A pitch contest, presented by SPARK Holyoke, featuring several startup companies;
• A ‘Where Are They Now’ program featuring several participants in Valley Venture Mentor programs;
• The day-capping Expo Social, and much, much more.
“There are a great many challenges to doing business today, from harnessing the latest technology to recruiting, developing, and retaining young talent, to creating an environment where several generations can work, and thrive, together,” said BusinessWest Associate Publisher Kate Campiti. “Expo organizers have created a full day of programming designed to help businesses cope with these challenges and grow their ventures.”
For more information on the Expo or to register, visit www.wmbexpo.com.