WARE — The Baystate Mary Lane Hospital Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) Continuing Education Program has released its schedule of classes to be held in 2009.
The Continuing Education Program is offered through the hospital’s Community Outreach Department, in conjunction with the emergency department physicians and other clinicians at Baystate Mary Lane Hospital. In addition to monthly training, Baystate Mary Lane Hospital and Quality EMS Educators of Worcester are planning a Basic Emergency Medical Technician program to be held in the fall of 2009.
Classes are held on the fourth Wednesday of every month, unless otherwise noted, from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m., in the hospital’s main conference room. A light dinner will be served for each class. The fee for the program is $10 for each class, or an annual membership of $50. Two contact hours are applied to each class unless otherwise noted. The classes are:
- Jan. 28: “Team Building Skills for Pre-hospital Emergencies” (Dr. Richard Gerstein)
- Feb. 25: “Evaluation and Treatment of Seizures” (Dr. Morris Leibowitz)
- March 25: “M & M Rounds” (Dr. Roger Lafleur)
- April 22: “Emergency Childbirth” (Lisa Beaudry)
- May 27: “Pre-Hospital Administration of CPAP” (Baystate Health Ambulance)
- June 24: “Drug-related Emergencies and Overdoses” (Jennifer Mott)
- July 22: “M & M Rounds” (Dr. Roger Lafleur)
- Aug. 26: “Crime Scene and Evidence for EMTs” (Burt Duvernay)
- Sep. 23: “M & M Rounds” (Dr. Roger Lafleur)
- Oct. 28: “Minor and Major Head Trauma” (Dr. Paul Gerstein)
- Nov. 18: “Fractures and Dislocations” (Dr. Jeff Gutterman)
- Dec. 16: “M & M Rounds” (Dr. Roger Lafleur)
Pre-registration is required prior to the start of each program, by calling (413) 967-2488, or toll-free outside the Ware calling area at (800) 377-HEALTH.
For a membership application, or for more information, call (413) 967-2296.