WARE — The Baystate Mary Lane Hospital Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) Continuing Education Program has released its schedule of classes for the 2007 year.
Classes are held on the fourth Wednesday of every month, from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m., in the hospital’s Main Conference Room. A light dinner will be served for each class. The fee for the program is $10 for each class, or an annual membership of $50. Two contact hours are applied to each class unless otherwise noted.
- Jan. 24: Cold (Temperature) Related Emergencies — Dr. Richard Gerstein, chief, Emergency Department, BMLH.
- Feb. 28: Seizure Management — Dr. Morris Leibowitz, Emergency Depart-ment, BMLH.
- March 28: M & M Rounds — Dr. Roger Lafleur, Emergency Department, BMLH.
- April 25: Domestic Violence for EMS — Carmen Nieves, community educator for Woman Shelter/Companeras, Holy-oke.
- May 23: Legal Aspects of EMS and EMT Recognition Dinner (3 CEU) — Dr. Roger Lafleur, BMLH.
- June 27: Infection Control — Morgan Gilmore, RN, nurse educator, BMLH.
- July 25: M & M Rounds — Dr. Roger Lafleur, BMLH.
- Aug. 22: Terrorism Topics for the EMT — Chief Bert Duvarnay, CCP, New Braintree.
- Sept. 26: M & M Rounds — Dr. Roger Lafleur, BMLH.
- Oct. 24: Pediatric Emergencies — Dr. Richard Romano, Emergency Depart-ment, BMLH.
- Nov. 28: Anatomy and Physiology Review — Dr. Jeff Gutterman, Emergency Department, BMLH.
- Dec. 19: M & M Rounds — Dr. Roger Lafleur, BMLH.
Pre-registration is required 24 hours prior to the start of each program by calling the Professionals at Baystate Mary Lane Hospital at (413) 967-9077, or outside the Ware area at (800) 377-HEALTH.